Minutes 9th May 2016

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at
Brockhampton Parish Hall 9th May 2016

Members Present                                         Attending
Paul Scull (PS) John Hudson (JH)                  Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk
Christopher Allen (CA) Neil Parker (NP)       3 members of the public
Paul Stather-Hooper (PSH)                              Ward Cllr Barry Durkin (BD)

32/16 Election of Chairperson
Unanimously Resolved: to elect Paul Scull as Chairperson (nominated JH, seconded NP)

33/16 Election of Vice-chairperson
Unanimously resolved: to elect Neil Parker as Vice-chairperson (nominated PSH, seconded PS)

34/16 Apologies for Absence
None

35/16 Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
None

36/16 Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Resolved: to approve the Minutes of the meeting of 7th March 2016 as drafted

37/16 Updates on Action Points from the Previous Minutes
• Website. Uploading information to the website has taken longer than expected as previous Minutes an Agenda need to be reformatted. Clerk to continue adding information with assistance from website designer.
• Other updates to be covered under agenda items

38/16 Report from Ward Cllr Barry Durkin
Cllr Durkin summarised his monthly ward report which had been circulated to members prior to the meeting. A member raised the issue of car-parking charges in Hereford and expressed the view that they are prohibitive,

39/16 Representations from the Public
None

Resolved: to bring forward Agenda item 12 To Agree the Next Actions for the NDP

40/16 Next Actions for the NDP
NP reported that following the Parish Meeting 4 members of the public had expressed interest in becoming involved.
Resolved: NP to establish the feasibility and suitability of producing an NDP and or a Parish Plan and report to the next meeting

41/16 Standing Orders
Resolved: to send any suggested revisions to the Clerk by end of May

42/16 Finance
a. Update on current financial position
It was noted that the cashbook showed the following balances
as at 31/03/2016 £2,567.57
as at 04/05/2016 £4,255.92
and that the bank statements showed the following balances as at 31/03/2016 (the latest available statement)
NatWest Current Acc £2,134.38
NatWest Deposit Acc £1,120.53
Co-Op Current Acc £500.00
A bank reconciliation was provided, approved and signed by PS
b. Requirements of Annual Return
Resolved: Finance Working Group of PS, PSH and Clerk to meet to assure compliance with requirements of Annual Return
c. Appointment of Internal Auditor
Details had been received from HALC of its audit service. It was considered that an adequate service would be provided by the previous internal auditor at a lower price and that there would be no additional benefit in using the HALC service.
Resolved: to appoint Mr Ian Binns to carry out the Internal Audit for 2015/16
d. Payments
Resolved: to approve the payments listed in the Payments Schedule (see below)

43/16 Insurer
Quotations had been received from Aon (current insurer) £273.75, Zurich £201.48 and Came and Co. £285.00. It was considered that the Zurich quote may not provide adequate cover should the PC decide to hold any community events.
Resolved: to accept the quote from Aon

44/16 Planning
a. Comments on New Applications
No new applications
b. Decisions by Herefordshire Council
No recent decisions affecting this Parish

45/16 Highways and Footpaths
a. Works to be undertaken by the Lengthsman
Agreed that signs to be cleaned
b. Defects to be reported to BBLP
It was noted that potholes had been marked with paint. Clerk to investigate if when these will be repaired.
c. Litter pick
It was noted that there is a further initiative in many places to carry out further “Clean for the Queen” litter picks around the Queen’s official birthday weekend. It agreed that, other than along the B4224 where it would be too dangerous for pedestrians to walk, the level of litter within the Parish was fairly low.
Resolved: that it was not necessary to organise a Litter pick at the current time.

46/16 Matters Arising from the Annual Parish Meeting
A member of the parish had suggested that the PC might consider arranging entertainment events via Arts Alive.
Resolved: that further information should be obtained for consideration at a future meeting.
PS thanked all those who had contributed to the Parish Meeting.

47/16 Correspondence
Noted

48/16 Agenda Information Sheet
Noted

49/16 Meeting Dates 2016/17
Resolved: Meetings for 2016/17 will be
July 11th
September 12th
November 7th
January 16th
March 6th
May 8th

50/16 Items for the Next Agenda
• Report on feasibility of NDP

Payments approved at the meeting 9th May 2016
Jeremy Moore Lengthsman March and April    £147.50
Herefordshire Council Election charge               £43.47
E Parry-Jones Stamps                                             £6.60
PAYE shortfall                                                          £0.20