Minutes 8th January 2018

Members Present
Paul Scull (PS) Paul Stather-Hooper (PSH), John Hudson (JH), Neil Parker (NP)
Christopher Allen

Attending
Barry Durkin (Ward Member), Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk

18/01 Apologies for Absence
None

18/02 Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
None

18/03 Minutes of the Previous Meetings
It was agreed that Barry Durkin’s name be removed from the list of those attending. This amendment was made by hand.
Resolved: subject to the above amendment to approve the Minutes of the meetings of 13th November 2017 as a drafted

18/04 Updates on Previous Action Points
Broadband – no meeting had yet been held to consider support for a Community Fibre project.
Other items to be covered under agenda items.

18/05 Report for Ward Councillor
There was no written Ward Report for December. There were no questions for Cllr Durkin from the members

18/06 Representations from the Public
None

18/07 Defibrillator
Information of a similar project in Ross-on-Wye and information from Community Heartbeat Trust (CHT) were presented. JH to investigate the Ross-on-Wye project and all to consider the information from CHT
Resolved: to consider this item at the next meeting

18/08 Acquisition of a new Laptop and Software
Resolved: the Clerk to purchase a new laptop (up to £350 net) and software (up to £200 net) and to be reimbursed using the Transparency Fund grant money

18/09 General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Information on the GDPR was noted. It was agreed that any cost would be met from the contingency fund.

18/10 Highways and Footpaths
a. Report on Highways and PRoW
It was reported that the salt bins in several locations need re-filling. CA reported that during the snow in December the U70014 was not gritted or snow ploughed to allow access for ambulances as was thought to be the arrangement, Clerk to contact BBLP for clarification. Several members complained about two tractors travelling in convoy between the B4224 and Kings Caple causing nuisance and damage to the verges, Clerk to make complaint. Footpath BK5 has not been re-instated, JH to speak to land owner.
b. Lengthsman Works
No additional works to the regular tasks.
c. Defects to be Reported
Several potholes have arisen since the snow in December, JH to report.

18/11 Finance
a. Current Financial Position
It was noted that cashbook showed a working balance as at the 31/12/17 of £7,009.27
The bank statements as at 31/12/17 showed the following balances:
Current Acc (NatWest) £5,388.24
Deposit Acc (NatWest) £1,121.03
Current Acc (Co-Op) £500.00
A bank reconciliation was provided to members.
No action has yet been taken to close the Co-Op account, Clerk to contact former members who are still signatories to close the account and transfer the money to the NatWest deposit account
b. Draft 2018/19 Budget and Precept
The draft budget and proposed precept had been published for public consultation, there had been no feedback from the public. No alterations were proposed.
Resolved: to agree the 2018/19 budget as proposed and a precept of £3,600.
c. Invoices and Payments
Resolved: to approve the payments in the Payments Schedule

18/12 Planning
a. New Applications
None
b. Recent Decisions by Herefordshire Council
None

18/13 Correspondence
Correspondence had been forwarded prior to the meeting.

18/14 Supporting Information
All supporting information was noted

18/15 Items for the Next Agenda
Defibrillator

Payments approved at the meeting 8th November 2018
Jeremy Moore, Lengthsman November & December £236.00
Eyelid Productions, Website annual support £100.00