Minutes 7th March 2016

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at
Brockhampton Parish Hall on 7th March 2016

Members Present                                            Attending
Paul Scull (PS) John Hudson (JH)                   Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk
Christopher Allen (CA) Neil Parker (NP)        1 member of the public
Paul Stather-Hooper (PSH)                               Ward Cllr Barry Durkin (BD)

14/16 Apologies
None

15/16 Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
None

16/16 Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Resolved: to agree the minutes of the meeting of 18/01/2016 as drafted subject to altering minute 09/16 ii) to “The estate have been asked to remove material that had been cut from hedges and left on the footpath.”

17/16 Updates on Action Points
All updates to be covered under agenda items

18/16 Report from Ward Councillor Durkin
Ward Cllr Durkin gave a summary of his monthly report.

19/16 Representations from the Public
There were no representations from the public.

20/16 Finance
i) Current bank balance and financial update
It was noted that the cash book showed a working balance as at 29/02/16 of £3,900.69
and that the bank balances as at 29/02/16 (the latest statement) were:
NatWest Current Account £2,266.40
NatWest Reserve Account £1,120.49
Co-Op Bank Account £500.00
A bank reconciliation had been sent to members prior to the meeting.
ii) Invoices and Payments
Resolved: to approve the payments in the schedule below
iii) Appointment of an Internal Auditor
Resolved: To acquire the specification of the HALC service and consider at the next meeting

21/16 Planning
i) Comments to be made on New Applications
No new applications
ii) Updates on Applications Previously considered
None
iii) Other Recent Decisions by Herefordshire Council affecting the Parish
None.

22/16 Highways and footpaths
i) Alterations to the Lengthsman Scheme
Noted
ii) Asset Management Plan 2016/17
Resolved: AMP 2016/17 approved as drafted, planned activities and budget as for 2015/16
Clerk to check whether it is still possible to join the P3 Scheme
iii) Works to be undertaken by the Lengthsman
Signs to be cleaned.
iv) Footpaths
Waymarker signs to be acquired for new styles at Totnor
v) Defects to Report to Balfour Beatty
Pot hole outside church

23/16 Encouraging Attendance at the Parish Meeting.
Agreed that members would deliver a newsletter and where possible speak to householders and draw their attention to the Parish Meeting.
Resolved: to provide refreshments for the Parish Meeting up to a maximum of £50.00

24/16 Information for the Public regarding the NDP
Alterations to the draft agreed. NP to redraft.

25/16 Newsletter
Alterations to the draft circulated prior to the meeting were noted. Any other alterations to be sent to PS in time for distribution w/c 11th April. Clerk to acquire details of broadband service survey by the Faster Parish Group.

26/16 Website
Clerk reported on progress. Additional information to be added by Clerk and website designer.
Resolved: to approve the draft site for launch

27/16 HM Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration
Resolved: the PC will not organise any events in celebration of this event.

28/16 Response to Peterchurch PC’s Letter
Resolved: to send email of support to Peterchurch PC but not to write to Herefordshire Council at this point expressing lack of confidence.

29/16 Agenda Information
All items noted

30/16 Correspondence
All items noted

31/16 Items for the Next Agenda
Internal auditor
Agreement of Lengthsman schedule of works for 2016/17
Insurance

Payments approved at the meeting 7th March 2016
Lengthsman Jan and Feb                     £236.00
Hfdshire Council Election charge       £31.40
HALC Annual  Subscription                £304.44
HALC Training                                       £9.90
E Parry-Jones stationery                      £19.33
HMRC PAYE 06/01/16 – 05/04/16     £84.40
ICO annual registration                       £35.00
Eyelid Productions Website                £500.00