Minutes 16 January 2017

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at
Brockhampton Parish Hall on 16th January 2017

Members Present 
Paul Scull (PS),  John Hudson (JH), Paul Stather-Hooper (PSH),  Christopher Allen (CA), Neil Parker (NP)

Attending
Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk, Barry Durkin

17/01 Apologies
None

17/02 Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
PS declared a pecuniary interest in item 10 b Finance, Donation to Christmas party.

17/03 Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Resolved: to approve the Minutes of the meeting of 7th November 2016 as drafted subject to the final sentence of 95/16, beginning “The Chair will speak….”, being struck out and to approve the minutes of 28th November 2016 as drafted.

17/04 Updates on Action Points from the Previous Minutes
Telephone Kiosk. BT has confirmed that it does not consent to the adoption of ‘modern’ style phone boxes unless they are to be used for defibrillators. CA confirmed that Brockhampton Court would cover the cost of acquiring and installing a red box and if necessary removing the existing modern kiosk.
Clerk to investigate the possibility of swapping the existing kiosk for a traditional red box and of installing a defibrillator.

17/05 Report from Ward Cllr Barry Durkin
Cllr Durkin informed members that Herefordshire Council will decided at the next meeting on how the additional 6% rise in council tax to cover Social Care costs will be spread over the next three years. He also alerted members to the planning application for a change of use at the How Caple Grange Hotel to a boarding house for pupils of Hereford Cathedral School.

17/06 Representations from the Public
No members of the public were present

17/07 Highways and Footpaths
a. Report on Highways and PROW.
There was no further information other than the matters covered in the Locality Stewards weekly report.
b. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme Annual Maintenance Plan
It was agreed that the AMP for 2017/18 should follow a similar approach to that for 2016/17 but that it should allow for flexibility to accommodate in year changes if necessary.
Resolved: the Clerk to complete the AMP for 2017/18 following the same basis as for the current year but to ensure it is not so prescriptive as to prevent flexibility.
c. Works to be undertaken by the Lengthsman.
Queries were raised about the timing and effectiveness of some of the works performed recently by the Lengthsman particularly with regard to the spreading of grit salt in strips across the road and the timing of this spreading just before rain. It was also suggested that he should be requested to photograph the works on completion and email these to the Clerk.
Resolved: Clerk to relay the members’ concerns to the Lengthsman, to request that grit salt is spread in an even pattern and discuss the feasibility of providing photographs.
d. Defects to be reported to BBLP
The edge damage at Ladyridge remains unrepaired.

17/08 Works to the Caplor View Carpark Barrier
It was noted that the barrier had been repaired. Thanks were expressed to John Hudson and Harvey Scull for undertaking the work.

17/09 Neighbourhood Development Plan and Parish Plan
NP reported: There does not appear to be much public interest in or support for a NDP. Herefordshire Council has confirmed that the requirement under the Core Strategy is for the parish to accommodate only two additional dwellings over the relevant plan period (to 2031). The previous Parish Plan had covered a wide range of topics most of which would be considered still relevant. The Plan was never revised and no action had been taken to develop or implement any of the items identified in the Action Plan.
It was suggested that the possibility of combining with adjacent Parishes in order to gain access to a wider range of local skills and possible participants could be explored.
Resolved: to consider at a future meeting after the Clerk has found out from Herefordshire Council Neighbourhood Planning Team what will happen if no NDP is produced due to the Parishes RA2 status in the Core Strategy.

17/10 Finance
a. Current financial position.
It was noted that the bank balances as at the last available statements were
Current Acc (NatWest) £4,314.21
Deposit Acc (NatWest) £1.120.88
Current Acc (Co-Op) £500.00
Copies of the cashbook and a bank reconciliation were provided to members, approved and signed by the Chair.
b. Budget and Precept request 2017/18
There had been no representations from the public to the published draft budget. A proposal by the other PCs which employ the Clerk to divide the costs of the CiLCA according to the hours was considered. No other amendments to the budget were proposed.
Resolved: 3 against, 1 in favour to reject the proposal to reconsider the contribution to the CiLCA costs. Unanimously to approve the budget as drafted and make a precept request for £3,600.
c. Internal Auditor
Resolved: to appoint Ian Binns to undertake the internal audit
d. Invoices and Payments
Resolved: to approve the payments in the Payments Schedule (see below)

17/11 Planning
a. Comments on new applications
No new applications
b. Recent decisions by Herefordshire Council
No recent decisions

17/12 Correspondence
All correspondence had been forwarded previously.

17/13 Supporting Information
Noted

17/14 Date of Next Meeting
It was confirmed that the next meeting would be held on 6th March 2017

17/15 Items for the Next Agenda
• NDP and/or Parish Plan update
• Standing Orders

Payment Schedule
Jeremy Moore, Lengthsman works November and December £236.00
E Parry-Jones, Stationery £15.32
E Parry-Jones, Clerk additional hours £32.83
D Scull, Contribution to Christmas party expenses £49.77