Draft Minutes

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at
Brockhampton Parish Hall on 12th March 2018

Members Present
Paul Scull (PS), Paul Stather-Hooper (PSH)
Neil Parker (NP), Christopher Allen (CA)

Attending
Barry Durkin (Ward Member)
Liz Prary-Jones (LPJ), Clerk

18/16 Apologies for Absence
John Hudson (JH)

18/17 Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
None

18/18 Minutes of the Previous Meetings
Resolved: to approve the Minutes of the meetings of 8th January 2018 as a drafted

18/19 Updates on Previous Action Points
All items to be covered under agenda items.

18/20 Report for Ward Councillor
Cllr Durkin spoke to his monthly Ward Report which had been sent to members. There were no questions for Cllr Durkin from the members

18/21 Representations from the Public
None

18/22 Highspeed Broadband
PS reported on the meeting to discuss provision. It had been discovered that approx. 80% of properties in the village still do not have access to highspeed broadband but Openreach engineers visiting the village have suggested, unofficially, to members of the public that much of the infrastructure needed to connect these properties appears to be already in place. It was suggested that efforts should be made to ensure that the company providing the next stage of the roll out is aware that the infrastructure is in place.
Resolved: PS to redraft a letter to Herefordshire Council/Fastershire asking for clarification as to when the remaining properties will be able to access superfast broadband.

18/23 Defibrillator
Defibrillator – JH not present to report on findings.
Resolved: to defer this to the next meeting

18/24 General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Resolved: PSH and Clerk to meet to review the guidance available from HALC, Herefordshire Council and SLCC and recommend procedures for compliance with GDPR at the next meeting.

18/25 Annual Parish Meeting
Resolved: The Annual Parish Meeting to be held on Monday 14th May immediately prior to the Parish Council meeting, start time to be confirmed.

18/26 Highways and Footpaths
a. Report on Highways and PRoW
No report as JH not present.
b. Lengthsman Works
Members expressed thanks to the Lengthsman for spreading grit salt ahead of the recent snow. Clerk to request that the grips at Ladyridge and on New Road be inspected as they are believed to need attention.
c. Defects to be Reported.
Numerous potholes at Brinkley Hill.

18/27 Finance
a. Current Financial Position
Financial information was not available, a copy of the cashbook and bank reconciliation to be sent to members when available.
b. Internal Auditor.
It was noted that Mr Ian Binns had informed the Clerk that, due to ill health, he will not be able to carry out the internal audit. CA offered to speak to a contact who may be willing to do it. An advertisement will be put on the Parish noticeboard
c. Invoices and Payments
Resolved: to approve the payments in the Payments Schedule

18/28 Planning
a. New Applications
None
b. Recent Decisions by Herefordshire Council
None

18/29 Correspondence
Correspondence had been forwarded prior to the meeting. In addition, the Clerk informed members that a letter had been received from a Ledbury Town Councillor which could be forwarded to members on request together with a link to further information on the matter.

18/30 Supporting Information
All supporting information was noted

18/31 Items for the Next Agenda
Defibrillator
Broadband
GDPR

Payments approved at the meeting 12th March 2018
Jeremy Moore, Lengthsman November & December £118.00
HALC, Annual subscription £306.52
E Parry-Jones, Ink cartridge £8.00