Minutes 8th May 2017

Minutes of the Meeting of the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 8th May 2017

Members  Attending
Paul Scull (PS) John Hudson (JH)
Paul Stather-Hoope (PSH) Christopher Allen (CA)
Neil Parker (NP)

Present
Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk

17/36 Election of Chair
Resolved: to elect Paul Scull as Chair. Nominated by CA, seconded by JH

17/37 Election of Vice-chair
Resolved: to elect Paul Stather-Hooper as Vice-chair. Nominated by PS, seconded by CA

17/38 Apologies for Absence
None

17/39 Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
PS declared an other interest in item 15 f. Payments

17/40 Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Resolved: to approve the Minutes of the meetings of 16th January and 13th March 2017 as drafted.

17/41 Updates on Action Points from the Previous Minutes
The letter of thanks to Howard Colley had not been sent, address now provided, Clerk to action.
Other updates to be covered under agenda items

17/42 Report from Ward Cllr Barry Durkin
Cllr Durkin was not present at the meeting. His monthly ward report had been sent to members prior to the meeting.

17/43 Matters Raised at the Annual Parish Meeting
The following matters were raised at the Annual Parish Meeting held immediately prior to the Parish Council meeting:
• The disparity in the availability of high speed broadband and frustration about the lack of accurate up to date information. Clerk to seek information from Barry Durkin.
• The use that a telephone kiosk could be out to and where it would best be located. CA to investigate costs of acquisition and planning requirements and report to the Parish Council.
• Defibrillator, JH to ask the Parish Hall trustees whether the Parish Hall could be a location for a defibrillator and report to the Parish Council.
• NDP, public felt that there would be very few residents who would be likely to get involved.

17/44 Representations from the Public
No members of the public were present

17/45 Insurance
Quotes had been received from Zurich and Aon. A verbal quotation had been received from Came & Co, written confirmation was awaited.
Resolved: to accept the quote from Came & Co of £168.00 provided it was confirmed in writing.

17/46 Neighbourhood Development Plan
The guidance available from Herefordshire Council was noted. It was also noted that there is a presentation by Herefordshire Council on the Rural Areas Site Allocation Development Plan Document on 22nd May which the Clerk will attend.

17/47 High speed Broadband
Resolved: Clerk to seek accurate up to date information about the availability of the service within the parish.

17/48 Website
It was agreed that links should be provided to other community and business websites within the parish. It was also agreed that another member should be trained to administer the website and that there should be the ability to monitor usage. Clerk to contact Eyelid Productions to arrange training and contact the community groups.

17/49 Highways and Footpaths
a. Report on Highways and PROW.
JH reported that a number of footpaths through crops have been sprayed/ploughed and he will continue to liaise with the Estate to ensure all are done where necessary.
b. Contract for Lengthsman and P3 Schemes.
Resolved: to agree the contract as proposed.
c. Schedule of Lengthsman Works 2017/18.
A schedule of proposed works had been drawn up by the Clerk after discussion with the Lengthsman sent to members prior to the meeting. It was noted that it has been agreed with the Lengthsman that this schedule will be subject to alteration to allow for actual conditions.
Resolved: to agree the schedule as proposed.
d. Works to be undertaken by the Lengthsman.
None in addition to those scheduled
e. Defects to be reported to BBLP
None.

17/50 Finance
Resolved: Due to a delay in the completion of the work for the Annual Return and the Internal Audit items a. – d. would be considered at an extra-ordinary meeting to be held on 12th June 2017
a. Current financial position.
To be considered at an extra-ordinary meeting. Copies of the cashbook, showing a working balance of £5,591.32, and a bank reconciliation showing the following balances as at the financial year end had been provided to members prior to the meeting
Current Acc (NatWest) £4,293.68
Deposit Acc (NatWest) £1.120.92
Current Acc (Co-Op) £500.00
b. Report of the Finance Working Group
To be considered at an extra-ordinary meeting. The FWG had met and considered the Risk Assessment, Internal Control Document and the Asset Register copies of which had been sent to members prior to the meeting.
c. Internal Auditors Report
This had not yet been received. To be considered at an extra-ordinary meeting
d. Annual Return
To be considered at an extra-ordinary meeting
e. Mandate for Clerk’s Salary
Resolved: to sign the mandate to increase the Clerk’s salary in line with the NJC recommended pay scale
f. Invoices and Payments
Resolved: to approve the payments in the Payments Schedule (see below)

17/51 Planning
a. Comments made by the Clerk under delegated powers.
P170918/F Brockhampton Court Nursing Home. Proposed single storey general storage building. It was noted that the Clerk had consulted members and requested representations from the public, of which none had been received, and had submitted a comment that the Parish Council supported this application.
b. Comments on new applications.
No new applications
c. Decissions
P170918/F Brockhampton Court Nursing Home. Proposed single storey general storage building. It was noted that permission for this this application had been granted.

17/52 Correspondence
All correspondence had been forwarded to members prior to the meeting and was noted.

17/53 Supporting Information
Noted

17/54 Date of Next Meeting
It was proposed that meetings for 2017/18 should be scheduled on the 2nd Monday of alternate months as follows:
July 10th
September 11th
November 13th
January 8th
March 12th
May 14th

17/55 Items for the Next Agenda
• High speed broadband availability
• Telephone kiosk
• Defibrillator
• NDP procedures
• Cricket club re website

Payment Schedule
Payments approved 8th May 2017
Jeremy Moore, Lengthsman £118.00
E. Parry-Jones, stationery £23.56
Paul Scull, expenses for notice board £37.52