Minutes 7th November 2016

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at
Brockhampton Parish Hall on 7th November 2016

Members Present                Attending
Paul Scull (PS)                           Liz Parry-Jones (LPJ) Clerk
John Hudson (JH)
Paul Stather-Hooper (PSH)
Christopher Allen (CA)
Neil Parker (NP)

86/16 Apologies
None

87/16 Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
PS declared a pecuniary interest in item 11b Finance, Donation to Christmas party.

88/16 Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Resolved: to approve the Minutes of the meeting of 12th September 2016 as drafted subject to the addition of PS-H initials in Minute 79/16 b to acknowledge his contribution to the preparation of the draft three year financial plan.

89/16 Updates on Action Points from the Previous Minutes
Notice board located in the Pariah Hall carpark. Clerk has made enquiries of BBLP as to the ownership board and whether it can be relocated. A response is awaited.
Capler viewpoint car park. Barrier remains damaged. Clerk to contact Brightwells and seek clarification of repair responsibilities and terms of licence.

90/16 Report from Ward Cllr Barry Durkin
Cllr Durkin was not present at the meeting. His monthly report had been sent to members prior to the meeting

91/16 Representations from the Public
None

92/16 Highways and Footpaths
a. Report on Highways and PROW.
Waymarkers have been received and will be put up as necessary. It is proposed that the defective style reported at the previous meeting will be replaced with a gate. The maize crop reported as blocking BKR5 has now been lifted. JH has asked the BBLP Locality Steward why the pot holes previously marked remain unfilled, a response is awaited.
b. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme Expression of Interest
It was noted that the levels of funding for the Lengthsman Scheme will be reduced and both schemes will require a mandatory contribution from the Parish Council from 2017/18.
Resolved: (four in favour, one against) to continue in both schemes for 2017/18 and make the mandatory contribution necessary to receive the maximum grant funding for the Lengthsman Scheme.
c. Report on BBLP briefing 11th October.
The presentation slides and Q&A sheet had been sent to members prior to the meeting. The Clerk summarised the main points of the briefing; the changes to the Lengthsman Scheme and proposals for further cost savings.
d. Works to be undertaken by the Lengthsman.
Signs at Capler view point to be cleaned.
e. Defects to be reported to BBLP
Potholes previously marked on road but not repaired are not shown as jobs on the BBLP website. Clerk to seek information as to why this is and to inform Cllr Durkin.
Potholes Brinkley Hill, PS to report with photos
Potholes Fawley Chapel lane, Clerk to report with photos

93/16 Neighbourhood Development Plan
NP summarised his report sent to members following the previous meeting in September. PS reported on information gathered from Brilley PC ( a similar parish) on its progress and experience so far of producing an NDP and provided a copy to members.
Resolved: members to consider the information gathered so far and decide on whether to proceed or not with either an NDP or revised Parish Plan at the next meeting.

94/16 Newsletter and Website
PS reported on the latest newsletter and thanked all involved in the production and delivery and suggested that the PC should aim to produce a biannual newsletter in the future.
The Clerk confirmed that the website has now been updated and more information will be added imminently with priority being given to the essential information to ensure compliance with the Transparency Code. It was agreed that the addition of photos would enhance the site and these will be added in due course as appropriate. It was suggested that the PC website should not contain general parish information and history, that this could be best provided by the existing community site. The Clerk is to investigate links between the two sites. It was further noted that the website is not found when using various search engines and that the Herefordshire Council website still lists the community website.
Resolved: to take action to ensure that the new PC website is identified as the Parish Council site on Herefordshire Councils website and that it can be more easily found when conducting a search and that a link should be established with the Community website if possible.

95/16 Clerk CiLCA Qualification
Members were of the opinion that if the PC were to contribute to the costs of the Clerk obtaining the CiLCA it should be on a pro-rata basis on the level of precept of the three parish councils that employ the Clerk.
Resolved: to defer a decision on this matter to the next meeting.

96/16 Finance
a. It was noted that the cashbook showed the following balances as at 31/10/16
NatWest Current Acc £3,143.39
NatWest Deposit Acc £1,120.76
Co-Op Current Acc £500.00
and that the bank statements showed the following balances:
NatWest Current Acc as at 30/09/16 (the latest available statement) £3,520.26
NatWest Deposit Acc as at 05/09/16 (the latest available statement) £1,120.76
Co-Op Current Acc £500.00
A bank reconciliation was provided to members.
It was noted that the donation to the Citizen’s Advice Bureau in Hereford had not been made as it was believed that the office had now closed. It was understood that a new office has opened in Ross-on-Wye and it was agreed that if this was confirmed the donation should be re-directed to that office.
It was noted that the Transparency Compliance Grant of £1,656.79 had now been received.
b. Contribution to the Village Christmas party.
PS left the room for this item. A request had been received from a parishioner for a contribution towards the costs of a Christmas party for all residents of the village to be held at the Parish Hall.
Resolved: to approve a contribution of £50 to the Christmas Party
c. Draft Budget and Precept 2017/18
Resolved: to defer this item to an extra-ordinary meeting on 28th November
d. Payments
It was noted that the invoices from the Lengthsman had not been seen by members seen prior to the meeting. They were then circulated and it was agree that future invoices would be circulated on receipt.
Resolved: to approve the payment listed in the Payments Schedule (see below)

97/16 Planning
a. Comments on New Applications
No new applications
b. Decisions by Herefordshire Council
No recent decisions

98/16 Decommissioning of the Telephone Kiosk
CA confirmed that Brockhampton Court would cover the cost of removal if the kiosk was adopted by the Parish Council but later found not to be required. The Clerk to investigate whether this kiosk can be adopted.
Resolved: not to object to the proposal to decommission the BT telephone and to seek to adopt the telephone kiosk for a community use.

99/16 Correspondence
Noted

100/16 Agenda Information Sheet
No additional information sheet for this meeting

101/16 Date of Next Meeting
It was confirmed that the next scheduled meeting would be held on 16th January 2017.
An extra-ordinary meeting would be held on 28th November 2016 to approve a draft budget and precept for 2017/18

102/16 Items for the Next Agenda
• Financial plan and budget 2017/18

Payment Schedule
Payments approved at the meeting 7th November 2016

Payee                                      Details                                                  Gross
Jeremy Moore                      Lengthsman Sept & Oct                    £236.00
Eyelid Productions Ltd      Training and website support          £160.00
HALC Training                    Website hosting & domain name     £57.90
E Parry-Jones                      SLCC subscription                               £27.23